Dr. Chris Prewo learned about chiropractic health care at a young age, experiencing the benefits of chiropractic personally, as it helped him recover from an injury that prevented him from participating in sports for two years. He decided to become a chiropractor so he could help other people overcome injuries as well as obtain better health with chiropractic care.
He completed his undergraduate degree at Albright College and attended the National Chiropractic College, graduating at the top of his class, as a Doctor of Chiropractic. He has completed post –graduate studies, becoming a Board Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician.
Dr. Prewo is certified in-
- The Functional Movement Screen, which helps him identify incorrect movement patterns that may be causing an injury or a reaction to an older injury. This allows him to tailor a unique home program specific to each patient, allowing each patient to move often and correctly, so that they do not continue to hurt themselves with future exercise.
- The Flexion Distraction Technique and is trained in the specialized soft tissue technique called Functional and Kinetic Treatment with rehabilitation – a specialized tool assisted technique treating chronic/acute musculoskeletal/fascial conditions that are related to sports/trauma and over-use syndromes.
Dr. Prewo treats athletes of all types-
- Week-end warriors
- Division One champions, helping them recover from non-surgical sports injuries, and helps them manage good health practices.
- As a Chiropractic Sports Physician, he treats many injuries, not only related to the spine but also the extremities that are related to sports, trauma and repetitive use syndromes.
Dr. Prewo’s unique treatment combines-
- Correcting and strengthening functional movement, along with adjustments of the spine and extremities, to help people move correctly without injuring themselves.
- Focusing on chiropractic with many adjunct therapies, helping people manage or resolve their health issues,
- Educating people on moving and exercising correctly, so they can live an active, healthy lifestyle.
Dr. Prewo has a strong background in rehabilitation, using many manual therapies including myofascial release and cranial sacral therapy.